You might be a student wondering what bank is best for you here in the Philippines.
When I was in college, I also encountered the same dilemma. What bank is best for me that can maximize my money (allowances) that are sent to me weekly by my parents who are in Mindanao. I studied college in Manila.
The first thing that came to my mind was I wanted a bank that was also established or has a branch in my home province so that my parents can go to that bank and deposit to my bank account. So, accessibility is the first thing you should consider when choosing a bank as a student.
Then second, I chose the bank which has very low maintaining balance. So, affordability is my second concern.
Considering those two (2) factors, here are the top 10 best banks for students in the Philippines you can choose. They’re safe, trusted, have the most number of branches in the Philippines, and are among the top 10 largest banks in the Philippines in terms of market capitalization. In other words, they cannot be bankrupted. Your money is insured with a PDIC Insurance for up to ₱500,000. So your money is secured.
- EastWest Bank Basic Savings Account (ATM) – with ₱100 maintaining balance
- LandBank Regular Savings Account (ATM) – with ₱500 maintaining balance
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) Regular Savings (ATM) – with ₱500 maintaining balance
- Banco De Oro (BDO) Regular Savings Account (ATM) – with ₱2,000 maintaining balance
- Metrobank Regular Savings Account (ATM) – with ₱2,000 maintaining balance
- ChinaBank Regular Savings ATM – with ₱2,000 maintaining balance
- UCPB Regular ATM Account – with ₱2,000 maintaining balance
- BPI Express Teller Savings (ATM) – with ₱3,000 maintaining balance
- PNB SuperTeller ATM- with ₱3,000 maintaining balance
- RCBC MyDebit Mastercard ATM – with ₱3,000 maintaining balance
Now, you have an idea of which bank is best for you.
If you need help or if you have questions, just tell us in the comment below.