Banco de Oro (BDO) releases their new Kabayan ATM Card which is now integrated with EMV chip.
Using this new EMV-powered ATM Card, you can transact to any ATM with Europay, MasterCard or Visa logos.
Here’s the old and new BDO Kabayan Savings ATM card:
Banks standardized this EMV chip in order to unify all debit/credit cards with Europay, MasterCard and Visa affiliation. Thus, to save money from making individual cards for each type.
If you’re an OFW, BDO instructed you to change your old Kabayan ATM card into the new one.
For OFWs in the Philippines:
Go to any BDO branch in the Philippines and request for a new Kabayan Savings ATM card (with EMV-chip) for FREE.
- You can get this new card in an instant when it’s generic (with no name).
- You also have the option to get a personalized new card (with your name on it) but it takes 3 days to process in Metro Manila and 7 days in other provinces. It’s also FREE.
For OFWs Abroad (Outside the Philippines):
You can get the new card through your Authorized Representative in the Philippines. He/she could be your family member. You will authorized him/her to get your new card in the BDO branch in the Philippines. Just take note of the following:
- Fill-out a Letter of Authority (LOA). You can get this from your Authorized Representative or you can download it here: (BDO Letter of Authority)
- Send these documents to your Authorized Representative in the Philippines:
- Original or scanned copy of BDO Letter of Authority
- Photocopy of your valid ID (government-issued)
Your Authorized Representative must also bring a valid id to the BDO branch. He/she can get the new card free of charge.
Do you have any concern with your BDO Kabayan Savings Account?